Home > Products > FUZETEC
- FCMOV is a combination of a PPTC resettable fuse and a MOV.
Combining overcurrent and overvoltage circuit protections, this creates a device which will open if subjected to continuous over current, thus protecting the MOV and greatly reducing the risk of catastrophic failures.
MOV (Metal Oxide Varistor) has been a common solution for overvoltage circuit protection, it’s cost effective and ideal for transient surge protection. However, a prolonged or repetitive overvoltage event will generate a overcurrent which will lead to thermal runaway.
PPTC combined with MOV, when overvoltage strikes, resistance drops and overcurrent occurs, PPTC limits the overcurrent and protect MOV.
FCMOV10 / 14 / 20
- PPTC Axial Leaded & Disc type
- For Rechargeable Battery Packs.
FVL / FVT / FSR / FLR / FLT / FSL
- PPTC - FUZETEC™ resettable fuses are designed and made of patented novel PPTC material in thin chip form where conductive particles are dispersed in a polymer that has a crystalline structure. At normal operating conditions there are numerous chains forming conductive paths throughout the PPTC material. Under fault conditions (Tripped State), excessive current flows through the PPTC device and the PPTC material heats up. This makes the polymer matrix’s morphology change from crystalline to amorphous. Under these conditions the conductive particles move apart from each other, most of them no longer conduct current and the resistance of the device increases sharply. Upon fault current being removed, the resettable fuse is resetted and allows the current through the circuit again.
- PPTC Radial Leaded
- For Telecom & Electronic Equipment.
FRX / FRU / FRG / FRT
FUSB / FHT / FRVL / FRHV
- PPTC Surface Mount
- For High Density Board
FSMD2920 / FSMD1812 / FSMD1210
FSMD1206 / FSMD0805 / FSMD0603